Sunday, June 10, 2012

Girl Walks into a Bar... By Rachel Dratch

The only thing I didn't like about Girl Walks into a Bar... is that it had to end!

Rachel Dratch is my absolutely favorite SNL cast member ever so when I heard she was writing a book, I couldn't wait to pick it up. I had extremely high expectations after loving Bossypants by Tina Fey so much and I was not disappointed.

I decided to read this book while watching my husbands soccer game. That was a huge mistake. I was literally sitting in public with people all around me laughing out loud every ten minutes. Rachel does such a great job at being self-deprecating and sweet all at the same time. She is a great writer and the book really flows well through her whole life. Girl Walks into a Bar...really just made me love her more then I already do.

Even if you are not familiar with Rachel Dratch, I really believe you would love this book. It's an easy,quick read that will brighten up your day. Just don't read it in public. You'll look foolish.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good picker upper for days when I'm down. :) Going to put it on my TBR list. Great review!

    ReplyDelete