Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain

Two book reviews in what day?! What gives?

Well, I started reading this book and could not. put. it. down. Literally, my eyes hurt. Sometimes a story is just so good and juicy you cannot stop reading. To say this book was a page-turner is an understatement.

Obviously, it's an easy read, it took me a day. It wasn't a "deep" novel but it was a great story. The Midwife's Confession is about a group of three friends. When one of them commits suicide, the other two discover secrets about her life that affect them all. I loved all of the characters and rooted for all of them. I also love the way the book was organized. Fantastic.

This would be a great "beach read". It's not exactly chit lit but I can't see any man enjoying it. So if you're a woman, pick it up, I know you'll enjoy it! It's not the next great american novel, but it will entertain you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I tagged you for a Liebster Blog Award. More details here: http://moonlightreader.com/liebster-blog-award/

    ~Pam

    ReplyDelete